With the federal election fast approaching, the Refugee Council of Australia’s Choose Humane campaign has released a detailed comparison of where the three main parties stand on issues relating to refugees, including:
- a permanent end to offshore processing
- a fair process for claiming asylum
- reform of the immigration detention system
- a larger and more responsive refugee and humanitarian program
- Australia’s improved engagement in Asia.
Read the full comparison here.
The Choose Humane campaign is working to achieve humane policies for people seeking asylum. For more information about their platform, visit their website.